Taking a look back at what happened in the month of August.
Gen’s Life Happenings
- I ate a lot 😀 If you guys kept up with my Weekly Latte Rewind posts, then you know just how much I ate and how delicious all of the foods were *heart eyes* But here’s a picture of a Cheesecake Frito, which is THE BEST DESSERT IN THE WORLD!
- It was my anniversary with my boyfriend and we had a total blast. Also, his gifts for me were amazing! I got the Hamiltome and a #currently reading wooden bookmark. He took me to iHOP and to Cold Stone. He knows I love to eat a lot so every time we’re together, food is always involved. He also got me as a just because gift A Torch Against the Night!! Yes, he’s a keeper and I’m a lucky woman <3
- I kick my butt into gear and I was able to be active on the blog with posts, replying to comments, visiting blogs, finding new blogs to follow, etc. Let’s hope I stay this way!
Books Gen Read | ARC August
I read 12 ARCs! I was hoping for more, but let’s be real. I procrastinated a lot. Netflix would take over my life. I’m so sorry, books! I still love you all! 12 books is still good so I’m happy 🙂 I hope for September to read some books that aren’t ARCs. I have two already lined up that I want to read so I’m hoping I get to read them.
Links lead to reviews.
- A Fine Mess ★★★½
- All We Have Left ★★★★½
- Results May Vary ★★★★
- Daring the Bad Boy ★★★
- The Boyfriend Bet ★★★★
- The One Real Thing ★★★½
- Girl in Pieces ★★★★
- A Scot in the Dark ★★★½
- Homecoming ★★★★
- For Better or Worse ★★★★★
- Smut ★★★½
- Vein of Love ★★★★
Gen’s Memorable Mentions
All We Have Left and Girl in Pieces had such powerful messages that I loved. I got to learn more about a culture in one book, and I was able to relate to a character very strongly in the other. For Better or Worse had me laughing and swooning and giggling and all kinds of happy while I was reading. It was amazing! I highly recommend all three books!
GEN’S CRUSH OF THE MONTH
I couldn’t pick one. They are both so opposite! Josh from From Better or Worse was the best guy ever! I fell for his good looks and for his personality so much. There were times where he had me laughing, and times where my heart would break for him and I wanted to hug him. Tensley from Vein of Love is a hard pill to swallow but I love the guy so much. He’s arrogant, he’s cold and then he’s hot. He’s just perfect. The guy is perfect. Period. He had my insides melting and had me fanning my face. I cannot wait for more of him *heart eyes*
GEN’S NETFLIX BINGE
I loved this! I was so damn sad when I finished the season. This is quality Sci-Fi, in my opinion. It’s dark but it’s also hilarious. This show should have never been cancelled *sobs* I admit when I watched the first episode, I was so skeptical, but my boyfriend told me to keep watching. By episode 2, I could see why this show was loved by many and I am now a fan! As soon as I finished, I watched Serenity, which is the movie that kind of gives closure to the series.
Gen’s Fave Bookstagram Pictures
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- [1 Aug] The Summer Games: Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey ★★★★½
- [2 Aug] Pearl by Deirdre Riordan Hall ★★
- [2 Aug] Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker ★★½
- [2 Aug] This Is My Brain On Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer ★★★½
- [2 Aug] The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen ★★
- [2 Aug] invisible-i-am by Gregg Davis by Harriet Showman ★
- [3 Aug] A Fine Mess by Kelly Siskind ★★★½
- [4 Aug] It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover ★★★½
- [5 Aug] All We Have Left by Wendy Mills ★★★★½
- [8 Aug] Swear on this Life by Renée Carlino ★★★★½
- [9 Aug] Results May Vary by Bethany Chase ★★★★
- [10 Aug] Daring the Bad Boy by Monica Murphy ★★★
- [16 Aug] Hero of Mine by Codi Gary ★★★★
- [18 Aug] The One Real Thing by Samantha Young ★★★½
- [22 Aug] Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow ★★★★
- [23 Aug] Homecoming by Shannon Stacey ★★★★
- [26 Aug] A Scot in the Dark by Sarah MacLean ★★★½
- [30 Aug] When Stars Collide by Micalea Smeltzer ★★★★½
- [31 Aug] The Boyfriend Bet by Chris Cannon ★★★★
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019