Latte Nights Obsessions is all about sharing your obsessions of the week, whether they are books, TV shows, movies, music, even candy or food and mugs and toys!
If you want to find out more about Latte Nights Obsessions please visit the official launch page!
Gen’s Latte Nights Obsessions
My obsessions this week are minimal. The reason being I am taking two summer classes, one of them is online, and the online class is killing me. I found out on Wednesday that I had 4 quizzes and 2 exams for Thursday… all of them! So yeah, I pretty much do not have a life.
- Emmy & Oliver: This book brought on all of the feels. You would think it’s a romance story but it is so much more than that. It also focuses on family and friendship. Let me tell you, the friendship is the best thing in this story. The characters are so funny and sarcastic, at times and they are so much fun to read about.
- Every Last Word: I wasn’t so sure about reading this but I decided to go ahead and read it before it came out and wow! I wasn’t expecting this story at all. The complexity of it, the flaws that each character has, makes them so real. This is also not a romance story. It focuses on friendship and a mental illness that many make fun of but in reality, it is a very serious matter. Being a Psychology major, I was fascinated by it all.
- San Andreas: I knew this movie was going to be intense and stressful but I had no idea how much it was going to be. My heart was beating rapidly. I loved the movie. The graphics were fantastic. You know it’s all fake obviously, but they did such an amazing job with the movie. Dwayne Johnson did a FANTASTIC job. I felt all of the feels with him. There is a part of the movie that I absolutely couldn’t watch. I had to look away because I was already starting to hyperventilate. My mom was crying and some people were full on sobbing. I really recommend this movie. Me being a Christian—Seventh-Day Adventist, to be exact—I was just thinking that this is what’s going to be happen before Jesus comes and the reality is that it will be so much worse in the end, which got me even more stressed. All in all, great movie.
Gaby’s Latte Nights Obsessions
A quick little rant:
As soon as I started summer I was so very pumped because I thought now I have the time to read as much as I want, I’m gonna be more active on the blog, i’ll post loads of pictures in my bookstagram and overall just be very active online… NOT! I haven’t been able to do any of the things I wanted. I’m working at a summer camp and its exhausting plus I don’t have internet at home and its been TERRIBLE. At least the little time I have been able to read, I have read amazing books.
- Never Too Late – This book, this damn book. I really loved it. Mathias Freaking Wade. I laughed while reading this, I screamed while reading this book, and I also cried while reading this book. I did not expect this at all. Micalea Smeltzer did an awesome job.
- I’ll Give You The Sun- This book to me has been a really interesting experience. When I started reading this book I immediately thought I wouldn’t like it but as I kept reading I just I couldn’t stop reading it. Right now I haven’t finished it but as soon as I finish writing this Im gonna go and finish it. So far so very very good, totally recommend this book. More on my thoughts when I actually finish it.
- Game of Thrones- Still reading this book. It’s like 800 pages long and I have only read 200 pages. I don’t know what I should do, maybe I will stop or maybe I will continue. Still not sure but I’ll let you know.
- Sushi- I love sushi. When I was younger I used to say that I will never eat sushi but right now I’m addicted to it.
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019