Taking a look back at what happened in the month of November.
Victoria’s Life Happenings
I can’t believe November is already over, this month was crazy busy and flew by so quickly! My sister had her brain tumor removed at the beginning of the month, and everything went well! I’m so glad I was able to fly home and be with my family during and right after the surgery. Since this was the week before Thanksgiving, I didn’t want to drive the nine hours home, so I stayed at school and my boyfriend drove down and we celebrated Thanksgiving together with some of our other friends in town. I’m so glad I have such a great group of friends and that I was able to spend this time with them. Technically my school semester isn’t over yet, but my main class is winding down and my final project is done! It was so time consuming and intimidating transcribing counseling sessions and labeling techniques, but I definitely learned a lot from the experience.
Books Victoria Read
Wow, I didn’t realize that I only had one review post for the month of November. I was writing so many reviews, but I guess I didn’t realize until writing this post that most are for December and January. Since I’ve read so many books this month, I can’t write a little summary about every one of them because that would take waaaaay too long. Instead I’ll summarize them by rating.
- Elevation – too white saviory, wrote more about it in my review.
- My Favorite Half Night Stand – This is more of a 3.75 out of 5 stars, still really enjoyed it, but some of the themes in the book aren’t my fave. I’ll have a review up in a few days with more info.
- Managed – Started out great, but dragged on a little too long.
- Rafe – Really enjoyed, some of the word choices during certain scenes made me cringe and took me out of the story, and the ending was a little abrupt.
- Merrily Ever After – LOVE this series and this newest novella. Have a review coming up soon.
- Bloom – Such a cute, quick graphic novel.
- The Matchmaker’s List – Marketed as a romance, but romance is not the main focus, not what I was expecting, so rating lowered than I anticipated. Still a great book, review coming closer to release date.
- American Like Me – Great collection of essays, I have a review up with more thoughts on this.
- The Wedding Date – A reread before starting The Proposal. Liked it so much more the second time.
- The Proposal – Loved this story and the atmosphere! Can’t wait to read the next book in the series.
- Evidence of Desire – Such a quick read! Love this series and these characters, I have a review coming up closer to the release date.
- 99 Percent Mine – So much anticipation! V good, but The Hating Game is still my fave. SO MUCH ANGST!!
- Hotshot Doc – Quick read about a demanding doctor and his surgical assistant. Review for this coming in a few days!
- Daisy Jones and the Six – Written entirely as interviews, really connected to the characters. I still randomly stop and think about this book and these characters
- The Simple Wild – Love the Alaskan setting and the growth the main character experienced.
- The Fifth Season – omg omg omg such a great book. I’m so glad I picked it up, I read it so quickly and immediately bought the second book in the series.
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating – A reread, love this book so much and definitely one of my comfort reads.
- 11/22/63 – Finally finished this massive book! So good, was not expecting it to crush me as much as it did!
- Matilda – My first time reading Matilda and I LOVED it! So close to the movie which is one of my favorites.
Victoria’s Fave Book
Definitely one of my favorite books of the year! I’d heard so many great things about this book, but it took me so long to pick it up and actually finish it. I tried reading it earlier this year, but the first 50 pages or so are kind of difficult to get through, and I put it down because life was crazy at the time and I couldn’t focus on this as much as I needed to. I think already knowing what happened the first ~80 pages definitely helped this time around because it was easier to get into the story.
Victoria’s Fave Bookstagram Picture
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
- [2 Nov] OCTOBER WRAP UP
- [6 Nov] TOP TEN TUESDAY | BACKLIST BOOKS I WANT TO READ
- [12 Nov] TOME TOPPLE TBR | ROUND 7
- [14 Nov] GOODREADS BEST OF 2018 | SEMIFINAL ROUND
- [15 Nov] HOTSHOT DOC COVER REVEAL | NEW R.S. GREY NOVEL
- [20 Nov] AMERICAN LIKE ME + ELEVATION | AUDIOBOOK REVIEWS ★★★★
- [27 Nov] CURRENTLY READING | 3
- [30 Nov] TOME TOPPLE WRAP UP | ROUND 7
- You Deserve Each Other Review | Contemporary Romance - May 12, 2020
- Quarantine Wrap Up | 2 - May 11, 2020
- BOTM Readathon + Tome Topple TBR - May 6, 2020