It’s Monday, and both readathons I participated in are over. It’s been kind of hectic this past week trying to complete my tbr and finish homework, and I’m a little disappointed with my reading because I definitely thought I could get more accomplished. If you want to see what my tbr was, I posted it here.
I had three books on my Spookathon tbr, and I only completed one. I feel like every time I participate in a weeklong readathon there’s always a book I get stuck on because I can’t finish/don’t want to, but feel obligated.
- There’s Someone Inside Your House – I heard so many “meh” reviews about Stephanie Perkins’ new book, so I went in with my expectations pretty low. I’m glad to say that I really enjoyed it! I read as fast as I could because I HAD to know who the killer was.
- The Madman’s Daughter – I tried to read this, but I couldn’t get into it. This is probably the second or third time I’ve tried reading this book, but for some reason I can never complete it. If you’ve read this book, what did you think of it? Does it get better and should I give it another try?
- It – I’m enjoying listening to the audiobook of it, but I didn’t complete it for the readathon (it’s so long!). I’m about ten hours in and have thirty more to go. Hopefully I can finish listening to this soon because it’s a great book! I feel like I need to make a chart with who all the characters are and what year it is because there are so many switches in POV and time!
- Page count: 377 pages + 10 hours audiobook
DEWEY’S 24 HOUR READATHON:
Can we all just LOL at my ridiculously ambitious tbr for Dewey’s readathon? We can also laugh at the fact that I did not stick to my tbr, and am REREADING A BOOK I FINISHED LAST WEEK.
- I would like to say, that I probs would have read more on Saturday, but my boyfriend and I decided to be spontaneous and go to a concert on Friday night. We got back late and fell asleep, so I didn’t read that night, and slept in on Saturday morning, so I didn’t start reading until ~ 10 am.
- Without Merit – I either love or hate Colleen Hoover’s books, there is no in-between for me. Thankfully, this is another of her books I can add to my shelf that I enjoyed. Without Merit is very different from Colleen Hoover’s other books, and I really liked the change. There were more issues brought up, and there was more of an emphasis on the Voss family dynamic rather than the romantic relationship.
- It – I listened to a couple of the It audiobook during the day as well. I wanted to read as much as I could so I listened while making dinner, cleaning up, and working out. I’m really enjoying the audiobook, but I think I keep getting confused because the book is so big and there are so many characters to try and keep up with!
- Autoboyography – I posted my review for the audiobook yesterday, and gushed about how much I love this book. I recently went out and bought a physical copy (because I’m obsessed and needed one) and started reading it after finishing Without Merit. I love, love this book, and can’t wait to finish highlighting and marking up all my favorite parts of the book.
- Page count: 428 + 2 hours audiobook
If you participated in either of these readathong, or one of the other many Fall/Halloween themed readathons, how did you do?
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Wild at Heart Review | Contemporary Romance - February 19, 2020
- My Favorite Books of the Year | 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 2.16 | Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks - February 16, 2020