Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we get to make bookish lists!!
This week’s topic: 2016 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn’t get to (but TOTALLY plan to)
Listen y’all, I am going to be totally honest with you… I completely regret my decision to take part in this week’s TTT topic! Allow me to explain –
- My TBR is over 400 books long, how on earth is that coming down to ten?!
- I have no idea which books were actually released in 2016, and which books I happen to just discover in 2016!
- The combination of one and two makes actually staying on topic this week super difficult!
SO! You are probably now asking yourself why the heck I have written anything, that you have now had to read’ if I do not plan to actually have a Top Ten Tuesday list, right??? WRONG!
I am about to give you my list; BUT I want you to know now that I am aware some or none or all of these books may or may-not actually have been published in 2016! So really, in this case, this list is actually:
Top Ten 2016 Book Purchases I Meant to Read but Didn’t Get to
(but TOTALLY plan to!)
And this *points at photo collage* is one of my shelves, topped by my HP swag, my piles of books pre-alphabetization, and my December TBR.
TBH, of the books you can see, other than HP, I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series, and the bottom three Dean Koontz. That’s it.
- The Blood of Gods and Royals series by Eleanor Herman
- The Wrath and the Dawn series by Renee Ahdieh
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
(also, I need to finish The Mime Order… Shhh)
- The Field Party series by Abbi Glines
- The Firebird series by Claudia Gray
- Lauren Graham’s autobiography (!!!!)
- The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen
Latte Nights Readers:
Are you reading any of these this year?
Let me know in the comments below!
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Amanda is also an avid reader, coffee's biggest fan, addicted to book box subscriptions, and studying from home, while she single parent's her son, to become a Nursing Unit Clerk.
Her favorite color is purple, her fandoms are Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Gilmore Girls, all things Holmes, all things Maas, and the 11th Doctor. She has a thing for tattoos, chocolate, and Vanilla Coke, has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Clinical Depression, Social Anxiety, and an aversion to heat and all things spicy.
Latest posts by Amanda (see all)
- Top 5 Wednesday | Books to Get You Out of a Reading Slump. - March 22, 2017
- Top 5 Wednesday | Book Trends You’re Tired Of. - February 8, 2017
- Heartless | Full of Heart and Lemon Tart(s)! - February 1, 2017