Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, where we get to make bookish lists!!
This week’s topic: 2016 Releases I Meant to Read but Didn’t get to (but TOTALLY plan to)
Listen y’all, I am going to be totally honest with you… I completely regret my decision to take part in this week’s TTT topic! Allow me to explain –
- My TBR is over 400 books long, how on earth is that coming down to ten?!
- I have no idea which books were actually released in 2016, and which books I happen to just discover in 2016!
- The combination of one and two makes actually staying on topic this week super difficult!
SO! You are probably now asking yourself why the heck I have written anything, that you have now had to read’ if I do not plan to actually have a Top Ten Tuesday list, right??? WRONG!
I am about to give you my list; BUT I want you to know now that I am aware some or none or all of these books may or may-not actually have been published in 2016! So really, in this case, this list is actually:
Top Ten 2016 Book Purchases I Meant to Read but Didn’t Get to
(but TOTALLY plan to!)
And this *points at photo collage* is one of my shelves, topped by my HP swag, my piles of books pre-alphabetization, and my December TBR.
TBH, of the books you can see, other than HP, I have read the Sookie Stackhouse series, and the bottom three Dean Koontz. That’s it.
- The Blood of Gods and Royals series by Eleanor Herman
- The Wrath and the Dawn series by Renee Ahdieh
- Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
- The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown
- A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro
- The Song Rising by Samantha Shannon
(also, I need to finish The Mime Order… Shhh)
- The Field Party series by Abbi Glines
- The Firebird series by Claudia Gray
- Lauren Graham’s autobiography (!!!!)
- The Queen of the Tearling series by Erika Johansen
Latte Nights Readers:
Are you reading any of these this year?
Let me know in the comments below!
FOLLOW THE BLOG
- Top 5 Wednesday | Books to Get You Out of a Reading Slump. - March 22, 2017
- Top 5 Wednesday | Book Trends You’re Tired Of. - February 8, 2017
- Heartless | Full of Heart and Lemon Tart(s)! - February 1, 2017