Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- My best friend and I went to Cafelados and had a really good time. We had a Brownie a la Mode, which was… Epic. So much deliciousness!
- This week I decided to straighten my hair myself, something I have never done. Took me 3 hours but it turned out better than when they do it at the hair salon, and I saved $20 so it’s definitely worth the three hours. I also went out with my best friend to It’s Coffee Time and then put Reggaeton music cranked up in the car, which was another fun time 😀
I finally have a contact with Bloomsbury! They actually sent me two copies of this book, so I may give one away 🙂
I GOT ACOMAF!!!!
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
Nothing for now
AMANDA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
Another week come and gone!
Spencer and I went out to a drop-in centre for the first time this week! Here in Ontario, Canada we have government funded places called Ontario Early Years Centres for children aged 0 to 5 and their caregivers to go, play, read, participate in circle time, etc. I used to go all the time when I was a nanny, but had not taken Spencer to one yet for two reasons: 1) I have very high anxiety and have been finding it difficult to leave the house, 2) I wanted Spence to be more ‘sturdy’ and independent before we went. We had a great time and met a bunch of new baby and caregiver friends! Hopefully, we will get to go every Wednesday!
I love yoga!! I have always loved yoga! I’ve gone on and off to different studios for the last six years, usually depending on my fiances, where I lived, where I worked, and how bad my depression and anxiety were. This week, Spencer and I started baby and caregiver yoga! That’s right! We started TWO new activities! We now do yoga for an hour on Fridays and it is awesome!!! We are very, very lucky to live in a city that offers not only many programs for mom and baby, but provides the financial assistance to take part in those programs if you’re in a situation, like I am, where the little money you have is barely enough to just live.
#THEGRISHAREADALONG STARTED THIS WEEK!
Are you reading with us?! Chat one, chapters 1-12, is TODAY (Saturday) on my instagram!
Guys… I have so many books to review!! I am giddy with excitement!!
I got Frostblood in my January Uppercase Book Box the same day (coincidentally) that Gen texted me to demand I purchase and read it immediately! LOL
AMANDA’S WEEK IN READING
Keep an eye out for the reviews of these books coming very soon!!
AMANDA’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [16 Jan] Lucian Divine by Renée Carlino ★
- [17 Jan] How I (Almost) Missed You | Underrated/Hidden Gems
- [18 Jan] Top 5 Wednesday | Favorite Polarizing Books
- [19 Jan] Frostblood by Elly Blake ★★★★
- [19 Jan] RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
- [21 Jan] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 1.21.2017 | Coffee + Readalong News!
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis & Amanda (see all)
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.18.17 | Valentine’s Day + Mental Health. - February 18, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.4.2017 | G & A’s Big Changes + Decisions. - February 4, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 1.21.2017 | Coffee + Readalong News! - January 21, 2017