Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- We’re starting to get back to the same stuff I was writing about a couple months ago lol. I’m super busy with internship and work, which take up most of my time.
- I’m getting back into the schedule of going to the gym consistently. I took two weeks off during the holidays, and then went once or twice over the last two weeks because of being sick and sciatica flaring up.
- I drove to visit my boyfriend this weekend! Long distance sucks, so it’s always nice to have free weekends to drive up and visit.
I didn’t haul any books this week! I have so, so many books on my immediate TBR, that I felt too guilty to request anymore ARCs or buy anymore books.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Catch and Kill – I shared my thoughts on this in my library haul post. Such an informative book, which means it made me so angry while reading. I definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to learn more about Harvey Weinstein.
The Grief Keeper – Wow, I loved this book so much. I listened to the audiobook of this while getting ready in the mornings the last week and a half, and I never wanted to get out of my car becuase the book is so good. There was so much commentary about immigration and undocumented immigrants, and it just broke my heart reading about Marisol always feeling on edge, worrying that she wasn’t good enough and the fear of asylum being denied.
Landwhale – An anti-diet therapist I follow on Insta recommened this book, so I immediately checked it out from the library. This book was amazing. I loved the intuitive eating information, and reading about Jes. There were some things I could relate to, and a lot of information that was new to me, and overall this was a great read. I’m definitely planning on checking out her other book soon!
The Wives – So I DNF’d this book. I read a couple chapters and was kind of enjoying it, but then decided to read some reviews about the book. I saw quite a few that said mental illness was used as a plot twist, which I’m not a fan of becuase mental illness is already so stigmatized, so I decided to DNF.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I’m still reading Mermaid Inn and When They Call You a Terrorist. Since I was out of town this weekend, I didn’t want to take too many physical books with me so I left WTCYAT, and plan on finishing it up this coming week. I’ve been alternating between the audiobook and physical book of Suddenly You, and am for sure going to have it done Monday. I’m so glad that I’m really enjoying all my current reads!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [19 Jan] Weekly Latte Rewind 1.19 | Happy 2020
- [21 Jan] Get a Life Chloe Brown Review + Blitzed | Mini Reviews ★★★★★
- [25 Jan] Library Haul | 11
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Wild at Heart Review | Contemporary Romance - February 19, 2020
- My Favorite Books of the Year | 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 2.16 | Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks - February 16, 2020