Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Like the title says, it’s been a pretty productive week for me! I’m on top of everything (and still a little stressed out, but that’s pretty normal now). I feel like my life happenings are getting pretty redundant because I’m not doing much of anything except internship and working.
- I started going to a gym a few weeks ago, and I’m pretty proud of myself for going at least three times a week! My goal is five days a week, but anything is better than nothing, so I’ll take it!
All of the books I received for review this week are books that I’m so excited for! That’s Mental is a book of stories about mental illness, which is totally my jam. Most Ardently is a f/f Pride and Prejudice retelling, and I can’t wait to get to it soon. I’ve also heard so many great things about My Fake Rake, and cannot wait to dive into this one soon!
My preorder of Goblet of Fire came in on Tuesday, and I’m so dang excited to pick it up soon! I’m hoping to do an HP reread soon since it’s been a few years since my last reread, and I’m for sure going to read the first four illustrated editions during the reread. The Play also came out this week, and I can’t wait to pick it up soon. I love Elle Kennedy and every book of hers that I’ve read so far, so I know I’m going to enjoy this new addition to the Briar U series. I also got a copy of Striking Princess this morning, it’s free right now on kindle and sounds so fun!
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
I’m really proud of how much reading I got accomplished this week, and that they were all five stars! Y’all know that reading has been kind of slow going for me the last few months because of school, but I got a solid about of reading done this last week! Serpent & Dove was amazing, and I can’t believe I have to wait a whole year for the next book to come out! I checked this book out from my library, but I’m going to need to buy a physical copy because it was just that good. I finally finished Know My Name earlier this week, and wow what an amazing book. This book took me a while to get through because it was so emotional and I could only read a chapter at a time, but it was 100% worth it. I also read My Time Among the Whites, which was such a great memoir about growing up Cuban American.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [6 Oct] Weekly Latte Rewind 10.6 | The Last Two Weeks
- [8 Oct] Bringing Down the Duke Review | Historical Romance ★★★★½
- [10 Oct] Podcasts I’m Loving | 2
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Get a Life Chloe Brown Review + Blitzed | Mini Reviews - January 21, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 1.19 | Happy 2020 - January 19, 2020
- My Darling Duke + Rebel | Mini Reviews - January 10, 2020