Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Welp, I did it again. I was so busy the last few weeks I didn’t have time to post anything on the blog. I love posting and discussing bookish things with yall, that sometimes I get frustrated when I’m not able to, but I’m trying to give myself grace and accept that I can’t do everything right now.
- This last week/next week are crazy busy because things are going to be due again, so I’ve got to make sure I have all my hours and assignments done.
- On the bright side, my boyfriend was able to get away from a few days and come visit me for almost a week. Having him here was so great, and I was so excited to see him and get to spend time with him.
- Even though I’ve been crazy busy, I’ve actually had kind of a social life over the last week! I was able to spend time with friends multiple times over the last two weeks, which is kind of crazy to me because I’ve also been ridiculously busy.
Wow, only two review copies for the last two weeks?! I’m honestly pretty proud of myself for that! Both of these are books I’m really looking forward to, and know that I’ll get to relatively quickly.
I bought more books than I would have liked, especially since three of four are physical books, and clearly did not stick to my read 5, buy 1 ban. On the bright side, I read the three physical books over the last two weeks.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
A Lie For a Lie – Not going to say much about this one here since I did post a review for it recently. I enjoyed this book, especially the second half. Helena Hunting is quickly becoming an autobuy author for me because I’ve enjoyed most of her books that I’ve read!
Sawkill Girls – This book got so much hype last year, and I’ve had a copy on my shelves since then and finally picked it up. I lowkey participated in Spookathon this year and this was one of the ~spooky~ books I read. I really enjoyed this book, and really want to pick up more from this author.
The Lady Rogue – I freaked out when I saw that Jenn Bennett had a new book come out in September. I’m a huge Bennett fan and was so upset that I didn’t even know she had a book come out! I bought a copy of the book as soon as I realized it was published, and immediately read it as well. I’ve only read Bennett’s YA contemporary, but I really enjoyed this historical, slightly fantastical novel she just published.
The Play – Oh boy, this book was a mess. I really enjoyed the first two books in Elle Kennedy’s Briar U series, so I was super disappointed that I didn’t like this one. The story line was great, but man Kennedy did a horrible job writing the heroine as Latinx, and instead created a character full of ridiculous stereotypes. I had a few more issues with this book, so I’ll link my Goodreads review here.
Heartstopper (vol 1 & 2) – I heard so many great things about this graphic novel series, so of course I had to give in and get a copy of the two books. These were such great graphic novels, I wanted to cry at the end of the second one because I need more now.
Fentanyl, Inc. – This was a book I picked up to read for hours for class, and I really enjoyed it. I learned so much about Fentanyl and how it’s affecting so many people around the world.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I technically haven’t started this book yet, but this is for sure going to be my next read! I was lucky enough to get a copy of this from Booksparks, and I can’t wait to dive in since it’s about mental health.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [6 Oct] Weekly Latte Rewind 10.6 | The Last Two Weeks
- [8 Oct] Bringing Down the Duke Review | Historical Romance ★★★★½
- [10 Oct] Podcasts I’m Loving | 2
- [13 Oct] Weekly Latte Rewind 10.13 | A Productive Week
- [14 Oct] Awk-Weird + A Lie For A Lie | Mini Reviews ★★★½
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?