Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Wow it’s been a busy couple of weeks. I wasn’t able to post last week’s wrap up mostly because there wasn’t much to wrap up, and because I didn’t have time to. Last week was probably the busiest week of the semester for me so far. I had lots of stuff due, so obviously I had to focus on that.
- I’m still super busy, but things have slowed down a little bit (for now), so I’m trying to get ahead on posts and reading while I can.
- This week my boyfriend and I celebrated our four year anniversary! It was fun and exciting. We bought a Harry Potter lego set and spent the weekend working on that.
- I know a few posts ago I said I was going to start setting weekly TBRs for myself, but I’m not going to for the foreseeable future because that’s so much stress for me right now when I’m only reading one to two books a week.
I was approved for four ARCs this week, and they’re all books I’m super excited to get to! I know I should probably slow down on the requesting since my reading has slowed down this semester, but these are all books I’m looking forward to and can’t wait to share my thoughts with yall!
My preorder of Know My Name came in last week, and I’m super excited to finish the book. I also downloaded the other three books on my kindle. I know the cover of Halloween Boo is super cheesy, but it’s supposed to be a retelling of sorts of some of the characters from Hocus Pocus, so of course I had to get it!
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
I’m pretty proud of how much reading I got done the last two weeks, even though I was ridiculously busy. I’m not going to share my thoughts on Bringing Down the Duke or Awk-Weird here right now because I’ll have reviews up for them soon, but I did enjoy both books very much! Killer of the Flower Moon was a budy read for #theunreadshelfproject2019 and I really enjoyed it! It’s a true crime book that’s been on my shelf for a few years, so I’m glad I finally had the push to read it! My Best Friend’s Mardi Gras Wedding started out pretty strong for me, but towards the middle got kind of meh and overall was three stars. Dreams From the Monster Factory is a great nonfiction about the prison system, and one woman’s work to make prisons actual places for rehabilitation.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I’m in the middle of these two books currently. I’m really enjoyed Know My Name, but I can only read a chapter or two a day because it’s such an emotional book. I’m also flying through Serpent & Dove. I don’t want this book to end because I know it’ll be a while before the next book is published.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Get a Life Chloe Brown Review + Blitzed | Mini Reviews - January 21, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 1.19 | Happy 2020 - January 19, 2020
- My Darling Duke + Rebel | Mini Reviews - January 10, 2020