Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- These last couple of weeks have been crazy busy and I didn’t have much time to work on blog posts, oops. I have a lot of stuff planned, and will hopefully get a lot of that done this coming week!
- Living far from my family is hard, but this weekend I was able to see most of my family while we celebrated my sister getting her college ring, and my niece’s first birthday! I love being able to see family, and wish I could spend time with everybody for more than just a weekend.
- I started reading Lore Olympus this weekend. A friend recommended the web comic to me, and I read almost 60 chapters in one night… I’ve slowed down a little since then, but omg this is so good and I can’t wait to catch up with all of it!
It looks like a lot of ARCs, but these are the books I’ve received over the last two weeks (or got as download now from Edelweiss which is v dangerous). Chloe Liese sent me an eARC of her newest book coming out in December, which I’m super excited about and can’t wait to read. I’m also excited for Girl Gone Viral because I’ve been waiting to be approved for this one for what feels like forever. Jenny Holiday is one of my faves, and I was super excited when I got the email with the link to download the ebook to her newest release.
I’ve heard a lot of good things about Melissa Blue’s books, and decided to buy her newest release after seeing a lot of talk about it on twitter.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Even though there’s five books here from the last two weeks, two of them are DNFs… I have reviews coming up soon for That’s Mental and Us, Again so I’m not going to say too much except that I enjoyed reading both. I DNfd both Oopsie Daisy and Normal People. I’m linking my short goodreads reviews if you want to see why I stopped reading the two. I also read Kissing Tolstoy this week, and I’m v surprised that it took me so long to pick up a book by Penny Reid!
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I have 100 pages left of The Institute, which is my first read of Tome Topple. I’m really enjoying Stephen King’s newest release, and am hoping to finish it today. This book is definitely more scifi than most of his books, and I’m loving it. After reading Kissing Tolstoy, I immediately checked out Truth or Beard from the library, and am like 40% into the book. I’m really, really liking this, and already have a hold on the rest of the books from this series! I’ve heard so much about Penny Reid the last few years, and am surprised that I waited so long to pick up her books.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Get a Life Chloe Brown Review + Blitzed | Mini Reviews - January 21, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 1.19 | Happy 2020 - January 19, 2020
- My Darling Duke + Rebel | Mini Reviews - January 10, 2020