Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Okay, so hopefully this will be the last time for a while where I’ll do a review post every other week. If you read my post from yesterday (link), you’ll know that I set some goals for myself this December, and one of them is posting more consistently.
- Two weeks ago was such a busy week for me. I was still at my internship sites, and then had to fly home and back within three days because I went to my childhood best friend’s wedding. It’s so weird seeing my friends getting married, I feel like we’re all still children, even though we’re actually all adults. It was such a beautiful wedding, and it was great seeing my friend and her family.
- Since the wedding was in my hometown, I was able to see my family again this month! Usually I have to go a couple months without seeing my family, but in November I spent two weekends with them!
- This last week (Thanksgiving week) was a much needed break for me. The only thing I had to do was work. I finally caught up on a lot of sleep I’ve been missing out on during the semester (Sunday/Monday I slept for seventeen hours! ).
- Since I went home last weekend, I wasn’t able to go home for Thanksgiving, but I did spend the evening with some close friends and their sweet baby! Thanksgiving food is my favorite, and even though there were only a few of us celebrating together, there was a ridiculous amount of food, which I enjoyed.
None for review these last few weeks! I’ve been doing better at limiting how many books I’m requesting since I still have quite a few to catch up on.
My preorder of Queen of Nothing came in, and I’m so excited to pick it up this next week! I also downloaded Christmas in the City because it was free, and it’s a Christmas anthology!
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Truth or Beard, Beauty and the Mustache, Grin & Beard It, and Beard Science – Omg, I mentioned this a couple weeks ago, but I can’t believe it took me so long to read any of Penny Reid’s books! As you can tell, I’ve binged half of her Winston Brothers series, and I can’t wait to finish the rest.
The Institute – I don’t want to say too much about this book here because I have a review coming for it soon, but overall I really enjoyed this book! It was definitely different than most of his other books, and was more SFF than horror, but still a solid read.
Grumpy Jake – I saw Melissa Blue post about her newest release on twitter a few weeks ago and immediately one-clicked this book. I read it this week and really, really enjoyed it! I’ve followed Melissa on twitter for a while, and even have another of her books on my kindle, and am kicking myself for waiting so long to pick up one of her books!
The Cruel Prince, The Wicked King – I decided to reread the first two books in Holly Black’s series before diving into The Queen of Nothing because it’s been a while since I read the second book and didn’t remember some of the stuff that was going on. I’m glad I reread the books because I feel refreshed and ready to dive into the finale! I remember loving this series when I read the first two books, and I enjoyed them this second time as well, but I didn’t like them as much as I did the first time, which is a bummer.
My Fake Rake – Another book I’m not going to say too much about because I have a review for this I’m sharing soon. This was one of my most anticipated books, and unfortunately it didn’t live up to my expectations. It was a quick read, but there were a few issues I had with the book that I’ll get into more in my review, but overall this was just an okay book for me.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Wild at Heart Review | Contemporary Romance - February 19, 2020
- My Favorite Books of the Year | 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 2.16 | Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks - February 16, 2020