Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Will I ever start one of these without apologizing for not staying up to date with the blog? Probably not anytime soon lol. Not only am I super busy with internship as usual, but I’ve been studying a lot for comps coming up in a couple of weeks.
- I’m ~hoping~ I’ll get some more blog posts written these next few days, because I have so many reviews to catch up on and other fun posts I want to do, it’s just having time and not being exhausted by the time I get to blogging.
- Pepper isn’t an only child anymore! My boyfriend adopted a cat last weekend, so Pepper now has a brother! She hasn’t met him yet, but they will be meeting in the next few weeks!
- Since I didn’t post an update last weekend, this wrap up includes all the books I bought/received for review/and read from the last two weeks.
Only one review copy in two weeks, I’m pretty proud of myself for that! I started Wild at Heart a few days ago, but am trying to read it slowly instead of binge read it lol. I’ll have a review up for this one soon though!
Okay, so I can explain… King of Crows was a preorder that ~finally~ came in (don’t ask me if I’ve read it yet though). The rest (minus Hearts on Hold and The Lord I Left which I got on my kindle) were from a Book Outlet Haul. I haven’t hauled this many books in quite a while so this is okay and not too bad.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
The Worst Best Man – This was such a fun book! I binge read this last week and really enjoyed it. I don’t want to say too much here since I’ll have a review posted for this soon (I promise), but if you haven’t picked it up yet I definitely recommend it.
Moonlighter – I love Sarina Bowen, and I love that she has so many spinoff series. Moonlighter is the first in a new spinoff series, and I cannot wait to read the next book.
When They Call You a Terrorist – This was one of the first nonfiction books I read it a while, and honestly, I’m on such a nonfiction kick right now (as you can tell if you look at my Book Outlet haul). This memoir is written by one of the founders of Black Lives Matter. I really enjoyed reading her story.
Hearts on Hold – I got this book becuase so many people on bookstagram were talking about how cute it sounded, and I 100% agree! The romance is between a professor and a librarian. I loved reading about the two characters, but I also really enjoyed reading about Victoria’s life as a professor and the realistic things she went through trying to prove herself.
The Duke I Tempted/The Earl I Ruined – I’ve seen these books all over bookstagram as well and immediately checked them out from the library. I really enjoyed both of these and binged them back to back.
A Dream Called Home – So you’ve probably heard all the controvery surrounding American Dirt. I sure did, and not only were people sharing why it’s not a good representation, they were also sharing other books to pick up instead. A Dream Called Home was one of the recommendations. I’m so glad I read this book, I loved reading about Reyna Grande’s life during and after college, and learning about her journey to becoming a published author.
You Are Not Alone – This book was such a dissapointment, I gave it 2.5 stars. It started off strong, but 10is chapters in it started to drag. This felt way too long and drawn out, and insted of letting you infer what was happening, the authors very clearly spelled things out for you. The ending was also anticlimactic, and the twist wasn’t a big deal. Overall this book felt like such a letdown.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
- Read Five Buy One Update | 7 - March 26, 2020
- Attracting Aubrey + Kissing Kendall | Mini Reviews - March 25, 2020
- Library Haul | 12 - March 19, 2020