Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
WITH MY BOYFRIEND:
- We started celebrating V-Day on Saturday night because we thought we wouldn’t do anything the day of V-Day (and our 1 year 6-month celebration). So we went out to our fave restaurant and had Fried Cheesecake! On Sunday, we went to the beach with friends and then a coffee date that included Brownie a la Mode, a Strawberry Shake, and a Frappuccino made of coffee, toasted almonds, chocolate, and cookies.
- On Valentine’s Day, we went to Mona Restaurant and got fulllll with food! I had Crème Brûlée French Toasts and Cappuccino, while my BF had French Toasts, Veggie Omelette with sautéed potatoes, bread, and Strawberry Lemonade.
- After that, we went Ice Skating and gosh, it was the best time ever. We had a laughing fit for a good 10 minutes and we laid down on the ice like we did on our very first date <3
WITH MY BEST FRIEND:
- My BFF and I had our Galentine’s date at Cafelados but it started to rain and we didn’t want to go inside because it was freezing so we went to another coffee shop, It’s Coffee Time, and ordered more coffee! (That Monday, my body had 40 oz of caffeine in less than 4 hours.) We also exchanged gifts! I loved what she got me!
WITH THE CREW:
- I got sick so I wasn’t supposed to go out at night. I still went out though and had such a great time! We were around 15 people! There was karaoke so everyone sang until the place closed, and we also took advantage of watching a little bit of the Celtics vs. Bulls game. I still can’t believe Celtics lost over a damn foul. I was very pissed about this. Anyway, I had a really great time and got home after 1 AM, which took a toll on my sickness but whatever LOL.
The Bookish Box sent a few Bookstagrammers this lovely box that had TILL DEATH inside along with a mug, door hanger, invitation to the Till Death wedding, a candle (should be arriving soon), and bubble bath bottle that smells like Hazelnut and French Vanilla in my opinion!
I screamed when I got Undeclared and Blacksouls!! These two have been on my highly anticipating list so I’m beyond ecstatic to have gotten approved!
I have never read a book by KF. But on Thursday night, a group of Booktsagrammers made a chat on Facebook for the ones attending the Holiday with Belles event next year and KF was mentioned a million times (no joke) and two other girls decided to read it so I joined in on the buddy-reading! We should start in March 🙂
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I was expecting this book to be great but it fell flat for me (review).
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
I’m buddy-reading I See You with Talina from Sassy N Dangerous! I’m almost done with the book and it’s been so good! I’ll be starting The Drifter this coming week 🙂
AMANDA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
Happy (belated) Valentine’s Day Latte Readers!!
Unlike Gen, my ass is single and Valentine’s Day is NOT a day of celebration! So MOVING ON!
(not that it was even when I was in a relationship – take your fake holiday and go away Hallmark!)
Spencer has two more teeth coming in!!!!
He already had his two, front bottom teeth, and this week, his two, front TOP teeth are working their way out!!!
He’s growing up too fast!! Make it stop!!
This is has been a huge mental health week for me!
After months (and months, and months) of waiting I finally had an appointment on Monday with a psychiatrist at CAHM (Centre for Addiction and Mental Health) to get my medications sorted out, as well as to start figuring out my options for additional help (one-on-one talk therapy, group therapy, etc). Unfortunately, I can’t understand a word this guy says! Seriously! His accent is super heavy and I only understood maybe 50% of what he said!
Let me just say, in case you couldn’t guess, I am PISSED!
After months, this is what I get?!?!?! #notimpressed #shittymentalhealthcare
He did up my medication, and start me on a new medication… All I know about this new medication is that I am starting with 1/2 a pill, and can go up to 2 pills. I don’t even know why I am taking it!!
Anyway, to make a long story slightly shorter… my meds ruined me from Monday eve until Wednesday morn. Legit, if you have not ever taken mood altering medications – you cannot imagine the ravaging it does to your body and your mind. It is different for everyone; for me, my equilibrium goes, I get a brain busting migraine, my body feels weak and tired, I vomit… It sucks! And it isn’t exactly easy to explain to ones boss.
Thankfully, my meds have now balanced, and I am back to life!
[picture coming! sorry y’all, boss had an emergency and I have three kids now! Ahhhh]
This is all the books I’ve gotten since my last Latte Rewind post! I’m actually so sad because this is a hefty drop in my usual book acquisition – damn you adulting!!
AMANDA’S WEEK IN READING
GO READ THIS!! RIGHT NOW!!
AMANDA’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [13 Feb] Every Dark Corner by Karen Rose ★★★★
- [16 Feb] Love Story by Lauren Layne ★★★
- [18 Feb] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.18.17 | Valentine’s Day + Mental Health.
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis & Amanda (see all)
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.18.17 | Valentine’s Day + Mental Health. - February 18, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.4.2017 | G & A’s Big Changes + Decisions. - February 4, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 1.21.2017 | Coffee + Readalong News! - January 21, 2017