Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- A new Korean BBQ place just opened in my town, so my friends and I were super excited to check it out. When I moved here a few years ago I was a little sad at the lack of food options this town has, so every time we get a type of food that I’ve missed I get super excited.
- I’m planning on seeing Just Mercy today with a friend! I read the book last year and loved it so much, and am so excited to see the movie!
Only two books for review this week! I’ve started getting better and being more selective with the books I request. I’ve seen Real Men Knit all over the place on Instagram and I’m so excited to get an early copy. Lobizona was a book that looks and sounds fantastic, and I’m so excited I was approved for this book as well!
Of course I bought Heartland. I’m obsessed with Sarina Bowen and her True North series, and I’m so excited that Dylan got his own book! I also bought Eight Dates. John Gottman is one of the leading relationship researchers, so I’m excited to read this book!
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Suddenly You – I heard so many great things about this book recently on Instagram, unfortunately I hated it, and gave it two stars. I really enjoyed the first half, but the second half made me feel ick when the hero kind of ignored the heroine when she said no, and when he tried to blackmail the heroine into working for him. There were also so many random conflicts thrown in towards the end that did not need to be there.
Mermaid Inn – I’m not going to say too much here since I did just post my review for this. I liked it, I think my expectations may have been too high though.
Headliners – Such a great book in the London Celebrities series. I’m also not going to say too much here since I just shared my review. Five stars though, highly recommend.
Heartland – Of course I didn’t wait to read this book! I gave it four stars. I loved being back in the Shipley’s world, and reading about Dylan all grown up. I really enjoyed this, and it made me want to start the series over immediately.
Intuitive Eating – I finally finished this book…after starting it in October. I think this is an informative book, and definitely something to look into if you’re over diets. I don’t know why it took me so long to read, but it’s something that I’ll definitely want to read in the future because it had so much good information.
Full Disclosure – I love this book. Definitely one of my favorite books of the year. This book covers a lot, HIV-positive status, LGBTQ+, bullying, and it was all done so well. Even though the book deals with heavy topics, it was fun, funny, and uplifting. I loved seeing Simone’s relationship with her dads, her relationships with her friends, and her relationship with Miles her crush.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I started She Said last week and am only a couple chapters in, but really enjoying it. I had to put it down for a bit because I picked it up immediately after reading Catch and Kill and needed to take a break from that. I’m about 20% into The Worst Best Man, and am enjoying it so far. Everything is still being set up, but I’m excited to see what happens next!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [26 Jan] Weekly Latte Rewind 1.26 | Another Busy Week
- [28 Jan] A Favor for a Favor Review | Contemporary Romance ★★★★
- [28 Jan] Headliners + Mermaid Inn | Mini Reviews ★★★★★
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Wild at Heart Review | Contemporary Romance - February 19, 2020
- My Favorite Books of the Year | 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 2.16 | Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks - February 16, 2020