Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- On Sunday, my church had an activity for the women and it was like a spa type of thing and we got facials and hand massages! We also got a homemade facial scrub, which smells so good and I can’t wait to make my own. We really had a great time 🙂
- I bought a shirt and jeggings this week! I haven’t bought myself clothes in so long so I’m very happy about this.
- I’ve been going out so much this week. It’s why I have been so MIA. I literally get home after midnight, just hanging out with friends 😀
- I’ve been going through some… Life stuff. I need to make certain decisions that make me nervous but I know I need to make. Whenever I make the decision, I will let you all know, so no worries on that 🙂 It’s another reason why this month of January I was barely around the blog and barely read.
- On a good note! I got a call from this non-profit organization that is funded by the government that helps people with a degree find a job. They find job openings and send my resume and I have more chances of getting the job. Also, this includes taking some college courses to help me even more so I’ll be starting a Software Development course this Monday! I’m super excited about this!!
Nothing!!! To be honest, I haven’t really been checking Netgalley or Edelweiss lately.
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I was actually hoping to love Anything You Can Do, but I only liked it. Long Way Home was really good! (Click cover for review). Body of the Crime was SO MUCH BETTER than the first book (which was already great)!!
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
Seriously LOVING this Romantic Suspense!
AMANDA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
I went back to work this week!
For the first time since August 2015 – eighteen months!
I’ve worked as a nanny for about ten years, so after being home with my kiddo (who will be ten months old on the 5th of Feb), I figured why not see if there is a family out there who needs a nanny and will allow me to bring Spencer? And I found that family!! Yay!!
Four days per week, Spencer and I go and spend the day with a two-year-old girl, and a six-month-old baby boy! I know it sounds insane, but I promise you, it is not as hard as it sounds! I’ve actually read A LOT this week!
Guys, my TBR for review pile is INSANE – I’m definitely going to need to buckle down!
Most of these are from book boxes (including one I am missing – How To Think Like Sherlock)!!! Including eBook inBox – which is only $10 and includes four or five ebooks, and a bunch of goodies (this month was a printable bookish art print, and a coloring page). Technically, I only bought one – The Scorpio Races – off of a friend, for the cost of shipping… STOP JUDGING ME! Lol.
AMANDA’S WEEK IN READING
The Mime Order + Siege and Storm are ones that I finished – did you join #thegrishareadalong?!
Spelled + Wanted are from last week, but I didn’t do this last weekend… so I’m taking credit now! Lol.
Trevor Noah + Everything, Everything I started and finished in my first week of work (aka three days)!
AMANDA’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [31 Jan] Long Way Home by Katie McGarry ★★★★
- [1 Feb] Heartless by Marissa Meyer ★★★★½
- [4 Feb] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.4.2017 | G & A’s Big Changes + Decisions.
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.18.17 | Valentine’s Day + Mental Health. - February 18, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 2.4.2017 | G & A’s Big Changes + Decisions. - February 4, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 1.21.2017 | Coffee + Readalong News! - January 21, 2017