Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Wow, it’s been a hot minute since I posted. The last month has been crazy busy and blogging was just at the bottom of my to-do list. I finally have a little more free time, and I’m planning on catching up and writing reviews I’m behind on and writing other bookish content.
- I’ve mentioned it before (a lot lol) that I’m in my last year of grad school, and to graduate we have to take and pass a comprehensive exam. My exam was at the beginning of March, and even though I’d been studying since January, the last few weeks of February/beginning of March I was studying a lot more, and was too anxious to do much of anything else. Thankfully that’s out of the way, so I have more free time to read and write blog posts!
- I’ve always enjoyed cooking and baking, but with the stress of the exam, I started baking more often as a way to decompress and take my mind off studying/school. One thing I’v been doing is trying to participate in Basically’s Guide to Better Baking (I’ve only made one recipe from here so far, but plan on making the others v soon!). This has been so much fun, and I’ve started making it part of my weekly routine!
It’s been a pretty good week of ARCs! I received American Sweethearts and Chasing Lucky in the mail this week, and honestly I squealed when I opened both packages. I also signed up for the blog tours for both Attracting Aubrey and Kissing Kendall, these seem like such fun Spring Break reads, especially since we’re all supposed to be social distancing.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
So I didn’t read all of these books this last week, this is what I’ve read all of March so far.
Making a Play – I read and loved Victoria Denault’s San Fransisco Thunder series a few years ago, and needed something fun and quick to get through while I was stressed. I picked up the first book in the Hometown Players series last month, and read the first one at the beginning of the month. This book was okay, it was fun but did not live up to my love for her other series.
The Beast of Beswick – This was a fun Beauty and the Beast retelling. I gave it 3.5 stars and laughed quite a bit while reading!
House of Earth and Blood – I didn’t think I’d read another Sarah J. Maas book after being so disappointed with ACOWAR, but I’d heard so many good things about her newest release that I had to pick it up (but from the library because I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about it). Even though I was disappointed with one of her books, and gave up on her other series, I loved this book so much. Honestly if it wasn’t a library book and I didn’t have to return it, I’d probably immediately start rereading. This is a book I’m definitely going to have to get my own copy of soon!
Gods of Jade and Shadow – I picked this book up over the Christmas holidays, but kept putting it off because I felt like it was a book I knew I was going to love, but was so worried that it wouldn’t live up to my expectations. Thankfully I had nothing to worry about, this book was amazing! It’s set in Mexico in the 1920s, and follows a woman who’s tied to the Mayan god of death after accidentally letting him out of the chest he was trapped in.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I just finished Gods of Jade and Shadow, and haven’t picked up anything new yet!
FOLLOW THE BLOG
- Read Five Buy One Update | 7 - March 26, 2020
- Attracting Aubrey + Kissing Kendall | Mini Reviews - March 25, 2020
- Library Haul | 12 - March 19, 2020