Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- I got back from camp on Monday and I’ve been exhausted since then. It wasn’t until Thursday that I felt like I was feeling more awake. I had so much fun though! I love going to it because I can forget my phone and just focus on my friends, boyfriend, food (yes, food) and the church activities, plus the banquet (Mexican theme this year), FADUmpiadas (olympics)… I’m telling you, it was a blast but so exhausting. It was worth my lack of sleep and pretty much being a zombie this week.
That’s why I haven’t visited blogs this week. The exhaustion is so bad that when I grab the laptop, I just watch Netflix and fall asleep.
- I went to Starbucks with my best friend and also to the mall. I ordered the Hazelnut Latte and she got the White Frappuccino Mocha thing that’s sooooo good! I think I found a new favorite <3
- I saw Allegiant with my boyfriend…….. That. Was. HORRIBLE!!!! Not even going to talk about it. It was that bad.
I wasn’t going to read Undecided because that cover looks like a love-triangle thing so no no no. But Alyssa at Eater of Books reviewed it and said it wasn’t so now I’m eager to read this one. The Last Good Girl is inspire by real life stories and the description was enough for me to want to read it! I got Suffer Love for the blog tour! I’m excited to read this one. I also got Never Stop Falling for a blog tour and I already started reading it. So far, so good! And lastly, I got The Loose Ends List! This is one of my anticipated reads so I’m having my fingers-crossed, hoping it’s really good.
Audios For Review
I haven’t heard/seen much of this one around but the synopsis kind of hooked me in so I was happy to have gotten approved for the audio.
Gaby had texted me a week or two prior to the release of Lady Midnight, letting me know that the bookstore had it for pre-order signed so of course, I pre-ordered two (one for me and one for my best friend). It is now in my hands! I still need to read CoHF though… I gave in and purchased Pushing the Limits. It was on sale! These deals will be the death of me. I hope to read this one soon 🙂
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
My Kind of Crazy was a fun story with some serious issues going on but I ended up enjoying it. I’ll be reviewing this one this upcoming week. I re-read Addicted to You and Ricochet for the AtCSreadalong and THE FUDGING FEELS!!! I love these characters way too much. They are my babies. I enjoyed reading them the second time around for sure. I’ll be talking more about them on Monday 🙂 I’m currently reading Never Stop Falling and I’m really liking it. I hope it continues to be good 🙂
GABY’S WEEK IN READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [20 Mar] Week #1 of Addicted & Calloway Sisters series Read-a-long
- [21 Mar] Me Before You (Me Before You, #1) by Jojo Moyes ★★★★★
- [22 Mar] Forgotten/Didn’t Get Enough Attention Books | Top Ten Tuesday
- [23 Mar] Channeling LiLo and Their Love for Superheroes
- [24 Mar] Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry ★★★★
- [26 Mar] AtCS Read-a-long Week #1 | Fangirl Moments
- [26 Mar] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 3.26.2016
AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE
- Shannon at It Starts at Midnight gives you steps to rock your reading slump.
- Kaitlin at Reading Is My Treasure discusses mood, format and genres. (Very interesting topic!)
- Cristina at Girl in the Pages balances a full-time job, blogging and reading! (Yep, I’m so saving this.)
- Larissa at Life as Larissa shares her opinion (and let’s face it, they are facts) on friendships between bloggers and authors.
- Bee at Quite the Novel Idea gets very personal and prepare for the few tears you might get.
What did you add to your shelves this week? Share with us!
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 12.2.17 | Surprise and big haul! - December 2, 2017
- Hideaway by Penelope Douglas | Not what I expected - November 27, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 11.25.17 | Gen’s Back & Married - November 25, 2017