Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
I’m doing this post very late and I’m so tired so I won’t post pictures of my week.
- I went to a VW car show with my family and we had such a great time! It’s rare for my grandpa to go out with us so when he says yes, we immediately get ready and leave haha
- A friend of mine invited me to go to the mall with her (one that’s almost 2 hours away) and we hung out and really had a great time and we bonded a lot!
- Oh, and I did a thing…. I joined a gym. And the contract is for 2 years… Yeah, I’m a crazy person but oh well. I will be committed to this because the penalty for not staying the 2 years is $200 so yeah… I’m committed haha
I wasn’t going to request Where Good Girls Go to Die, but Imani from Enamored Reads kept insisting I should so when I finally read the synopsis, I was in! I’ll be diving into it very soon! / I got sent an eARC for Purple Hearts and it sounds like a really breath-taking novel so I’m all for it. / I got sent an unsolicited copy of It’s Always the Husband and yay! I can’t wait to dive into it! The cover and synopsis have me excited.
I got 35 books! My mom has a patient who used to work at a publishing house in NY. She’s retired and has LOTS of books. Last week, she gave me around 15 books (forgot to share that on the weekly recap). This week, she gave me 35 books!!! And apparently, will give me more… I may die of happiness.
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
What a wonderful week in reading! All of these were 4 to 5 stars! The Animal Under the Fur was beyond badass and I absolutely loved it (review)! / This Is Reckless was so good and left me in need of the following book! / Letters to the Lost and It Happens All the Time were both heart-shattering novels that I know will stick with me for a long time.
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
So I don’t really know what the hype about this is… I just don’t get it. I keep reading hoping it gets better but it’s so bleh. My eyes could be permanently rolled.
EVERYTHING I EXPECTED AND MORE!!! Everybody needs to watch this show!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [27 Mar] Things I Should Have Known by Claire LaZebnik ★★★★½
- [29 Mar] Cora Carmack’s Announcement | All Closed Off!!!
- [30 Mar] The Animal Under the Fur by E.J. Mellow ★★★★½
- [1 Apr] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 4.1.17 | I joined a gym…
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019