Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Mother’s Day was spent at the beach with my mom! It was the perfect sunny day and we walked around and collected sea shells. It was a great day <3
- I went to surprise my boyfriend! Okay, so I was supposed to get to his house on a Thursday, but I arrived Wednesday. Well, I got a major surprise! He had this lovely oasis of roses, lilies and orchids for me along with chocolate! I’m a lucky woman, I know. We went to the beach with a few friends and had a really nice time.
- My BF and I also had a night out with our friends! We got nachos with chicken at Sambuca (best nacho food truck ever) and then to McDonald’s to eat ice cream and talk until late at night.
- I had a beach day on a Thursday with my two guy friends and girl friend. We went to Crash Boat and all we did was talk on one of the bridges and jump from them into the deep, blue water. It was perfection! We also went to the Muelle de Azucar, which I’ve told you guys all about already. This third time around wasn’t scary at all, like the first time I went. And we also jumped from the end of the bridge! It was a blast for sure.
- My BF and I had a date night this past Saturday and we went to our fave restaurant. We got Caldo del Monte, which has sancocho al blended, chicken and crispy white rice. Our main dish was Mofongo with Grilled Chicken Breast. For dessert, we obviously had Fried Cheesecake! We loved it so much that we ordered a second dish of Fried Cheesecake 😀
- I went to Puerto Rico Comic Con for the first time with the guys! Yes, I was the only girl there. I have to say, it was okay. This year, the line up of actors wasn’t the greatest. Well, the guy from Iron Fist was there, someone from Game of Thrones was there (I watch GoT and I barely recognized him). Tara Strong was there and everybody went crazy over her. The outfits were amazing, though! Best part of it! I especially loved the Assassin’s Creed crew and the Deadpool/Spider-man crew. We had gotten up at 6 AM to go to CC and ended up getting home at almost 11 PM. We were so exhausted!
- The Bachelorette is my guilty pleasure. I was so looking forward to this season because it’s Rachel and I have to say, I already love it. Best part of Monday’s episode, “Get the fuck out.” My friend and I were screaming and going crazy over Rachel. Seriously, though. DeMario, guy that had a GF and still went on the show, is a dick. I mean, when he saw his GF in the show: “Uh, who’s this?” Then it was, “Oh, we’ve dated on and off for 6 months.” And then, “I mailed the keys to your apartment back to you.” ….. Seriously, dude. You’re out. Can’t wait for this week’s new episode!
I got Lethal Lies! I really loved the first book so I needed this second one. I love Berkley Books! They give me so much love. They sent me Monster in the Closet, which is a series I’m loving a lot! They also sent The Next Flame (unsolicited)! I love Penelope Douglas and now I have all of the books in the series so I can’t wait to start it! I’m in ROAR’s Street Team so I got ROAR, too!! I also got You’re the One that I Want, but it’s not a book I’m interested in so I won’t be reading it. I had participated in the Bookstagram tour for The Girl on the Bridge so William Morrow sent me a copy.
I received this surprise package from Erin Watt! It included a finished copy, bookmark, wallet, pin, and USB-powered star lights!
for review (eARC)
I got approved for Lucky in Love!! I can’t wait to start this one.
GEN’S WEEKS IN READING
DREAMFALL was so fucking creepy! I need that second book ASAP. UNTIL IT FADES was pretty good! I really enjoyed it. LETHAL LIES was okay for me. I expected more from it. ROAR was amazing! It did drag a bit but still, it was great! ROYAL BASTARDS was beyond brilliant! I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE was pretty good and entertaining.
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
Still thinking what book to pick up.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [31 May] Antisocial by Jillian Blake ★★★½
- [2 Jun] When It's Real by Erin Watt ★★★★½
- [3 Jun] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 6.3.17 | Flowers, Beach, Date, Comic Con, Bachelorette
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 7.1.17 | Roses + Pizza + Beach - July 1, 2017
- Final Girls by Riley Sager | Intricate and addictive thriller - June 29, 2017
- Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker | Blog Tour Review + Giveaway - June 26, 2017