Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- My BF got sick very bad. For him to say he feels bad, then you know it’s bad since he never complains. He had gone to two other hospitals and they had no idea what he had so they referred his case to the doctor that handles the big cases of infections. We got to the hospital around Saturday 10:00 AM. The hospital we went to is one that receives all the traumas and all the bad cases. Unforunately, there was a plane crash so all the victims were taken there and any other case got pushed back. My BF and his mom stayed at the hospital over night and they discharged him on Sunday around 9:37 AM. It was insane but I’m glad all the blood work turned out okay. Whatever he had, it was bad according to the doctors, but thankfully, the medicine helped.
- Once we got out of the hospital, my BF wanted me to spend at least have a date with me so he took me to a coffee shop I had been dying to go to and it was so fucking gorgeous!! I’m so in love with the place and I wish I could camp in the parking lot forever.
- This year, I’ve been watching NBA ever since I discovered that the games can be found on YouTube as live streaming. I don’t have cable so I can’t watch the games on TV, which was very sad news until I found them on YouTube! Now, the finals are on ABC, which is a channel I have so I haven’t missed a game. I’m a Warriors fan for sure and I cannot believe these guys have won 15 playoff games IN A ROW! I’m hoping they win this year. I mean, I lost hope on game 3 and out of nowhere KD scores and I was like… No fucking way. And we won!! (I’m writing this Friday afternoon and there’s a game tonight so fingers crossed they win!)
- I’ve been staying at my BF’s since last week so I’ve been pretty relaxed. It’s one of the reasons why I love to stay at his place. It’s always so calming and relaxing. Plus, I get to use his laptop (I prefer his over mine) and that’s why I’ve written reviews this week! And also because I kicked my butt into gear and I’ve been waking up early so I’ve had time to be productive 🙂
- My BF and I went to see Wonder Woman!! I really liked the movie a lot, but don’t understand all the hype. I love that it’s a woman protagonist, a woman director, too, and the story was great, but all the hype? I don’t get it *shrugs*
After loving the first two books in this series, I had to get A Vow of Thorns! So far, so good! I forgot how much I missed Tensley.
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I re-read this one in preparation for Hideaway and I still loved it as much as the first time I read it last year!! Gahhh! Penelope Douglas is awesome.
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [5 Jun] The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord ★★★★½
- [6 Jun] Another Co-Blogger Search!
- [7 Jun] Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer ★★★★½
- [10 Jun] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 6.10.17 | Hospital + NBA Finals!
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 6.24.17 | Food + Driving Standard - June 24, 2017
- Girl Out of Water by Laura Silverman | Cute contemporary - June 21, 2017
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 6.17.17 | Playing pool - June 17, 2017