Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- I’ve been staying with my BF this whole week. One day, he surprised me and got me roses and pizza! I mean, what more can a girl ask for, right?
- We also went to the beach and coconuts! Man, those coconuts were so cold, which made the drink more refreshing! When we got to the beach, it was deserted. We went on a weekday during work hours so yay for that! It was just for the two of us and it was so good. We both needed that relaxing time at the beach.
- My friend gave me her recipe to make crepes from scratch so I’ve been making them this week!
- My BF and I went to see one of the gold PR flags and took a bunch of pictures there. It was really fun!
Thanks to my lovely mom for taking pictures of the books I got this week!
PHYSICAL ARCS + UNSOLICITED
SOLICITED: I got THE LAKE, which I’m so excited to read! I also got a sampler of BECAUSE YOU LOVE TO HATE ME! (Thanks Bloomsbury!) | I was contacted to review THE BEST KIND OF MAGIC and the premise sounds really good and the cover is gorgeous! (Thanks Disney-Hyperion!) | I finally got my copy of VIOLET GRENADE! (Thanks Entangled Teen!)
UNSOLICITED: Intermix sent me a bound manuscript of ILLEGAL CONTACT! It’s an M/M Romance that I’ve heard wonders about so I can’t wait to read it. | St. Martin’s Press is awesome and they are always sending me copies of books I could be interested in. This time, they sent me BEST INTENTIONS, which truly sounds amazing. They also sent me STOLEN MARRIAGE, which sounds good but not sure if I’ll pick it up anytime soon. | Lake Union sent me three books that actually sound really good and I’ll definitely be reading: STILLHOUSE LAKE, EVERYTHING WE KEEP, and EVERYTHING WE LEFT BEHIND.
BOOKSTAGRAM TOURS: I got finished copies of THE NAMES THEY GAVE US and BAD ROMANCE for their Bookstagram tours. I’m so loving them!
I’m so excited for all of these! I’ll be starting This Is Dangerous extremely soon because I need my Logan and Kayla fix! | I can’t wait for this new Renee Carlino book. After loving the last two books she published with Atria Books, I’ve been wanting to read more (I’m not counting Lucian Divine, which was horrible). | Mask of Shadows was being offered to the first 500 readers as a Read Now option, and after reading the summary, I had to request it. Plus, that cover!
I had to buy these two after reading the first book. I need to binge-read these!
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
Final Girls was so freaking good!! I highly recommend it. Say You’ll Stay is truly wonderful. I can’t recommend this enough.
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [26 Jun] Until It Fades by K.A. Tucker ★★★★
- [29 Jun] Final Girls by Riley Sager ★★★★★
- [1 Jul] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 7.1.17 | Roses + Pizza + Beach
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019
- So Thrilling: Under the Lies by Sarah E. Green - March 21, 2019