Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
I MOVED TO DISQUS COMMENTS. THERE IS AN OPTION FOR GUEST COMMENTERS IF YOU DON’T HAVE/DON’T WANT TO CREATE A DISQUS PROFILE. YOU CAN ALSO USE DISQUS WITH YOUR TWITTER OR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Guys, I’m officially back on the blog! For weeks, I haven’t had the motivation to blog or to visit/comment on blogs and it was frustrating for me. This past week it’s like a switch was turned on and I’ve been visiting around and commenting and I even have schedule posts! That’s such a shock because I rarely have scheduled posts but for this coming week, I have 4 posts ready for you all 😀
- On Sunday, my boyfriend, some friends, and I went to Survival Beach! Now let me tell you. For years, I used to come to this beach and wouldn’t find a soul. People didn’t know of the beach, but now there are Instagram and Facebook accounts that promote tourism in our Island for tourists AND locals that don’t know about these places. When we went this Sunday, IT WAS PACKED! Not entirely packed, but to not seeing a soul to seeing various people, that’s just packed.
- Don’t let this picture fool you. The waves were CRAZY! They were so high that surfer’s could have free-styled there. And we were in that water without a board or life-vest. We’re insane, I know. We had such a blast. And then we went to another part of that beach and found this gorgeousness below. I had to take a Panorama shot so I could get everything on the picture. It was just beautiful. People now come to this beach to take pictures on the humongous rocks.
ARCs/finished copies for review
I love my haul this week!!! Atria Books surprised me with a finished copy of It Ends with Us!! <3 I’m buddy-reading this with Lacey! She’s my official buddy reader now. Also, Atria Books sent Love Her Madly which I’ll be reading for ARC August, a finished copy of Up in Flames which I’ll be giving away, Blonde Ice and I’m excited a lot for this one since it sounds so thrilling. Lastly, they sent City of Strangers and I’m loving the cover! I can’t wait to read it in a few months. I also received a finished copy of Results May Vary! That cover is *heart eyes*!
Thank you Atria Books and Ballantine Books!
e-ARCs for review
I finally got For Better or Worse and I’m a happy girl!!! I’ve never read anything by Sarah MacLean, but A Scot in the Dark caught my eye and I know Nick likes her writing, so why not? I got Overdrive for the blog tour! I’m so so so excited for this one. As soon as Out of Bounds arrived, I dived into it! It was so good! Lastly, Nick gave a glowing review to A Fine Mess and it was still on Netgalley so yeah, that happened 😀
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I actually finished Never Missing, Never Found on Saturday last week but the post had already gone live when I finished the book. (Review) Smash & Grab disappointed me. I was expecting a lot and just… It fell flat. (Review coming this week!) Swear on this Life is hands down the BEST BOOK I’VE READ THIS MONTH! It’s so beautiful <3 One word for Out of Bonds: HOT!!! SIZZLING HOT! I was not expecting one specific scene and I blushed a lot and was reading with my jaw dropped open. You need a fan or air conditioner for this one.
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING/LISTENING
I’ve been listening to Smut and I’m really enjoying it! There’s this library scene *heart eyes* That sex scene… Dear goodness. I will never forget that scene. I’m only starting It Ends with Us but the author’s note at the beginning of the book broke my heart :'( Lastly, I started Beneath the Void but I’ve been bored with it so I don’t know if I’ll continue.
I binge-watched Coupled in one day!!! I’m so excited for what’s to come with this show. I’m hooked! NERVE left me speechless. That shit was good! I was not expecting it to be that good. I was meh about it, but a friend of mine invited me to go with her and I had
6 book reviews to write nothing to do so I went with her 😀 And damn, that was great. I loved all the dares. Freaking crazy dares!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [25 Jul] Interview: Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker | Blog Tour + Giveaway
- [26 Jul] Never Missing, Never Found by Amanda Panitch ★★★★
- [27 Jul] ARC August 2016 ~ Let’s do this!
- [27 Jul] Broken Prince by Erin Watt ★★★★
- [28 Jul] Only Fools Jump by K.P. Haigh ★★★
- [28 Jul] To Have and To Hold by Lauren Layne ★★★★
- [29 Jul] Genesis Girl by Jennifer Bardsley ★★★½
- [30 Jul] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 7.30.16 | ARCs and eARCs galore!
WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES THIS WEEK?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019