Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- It’s been a pretty chill week and half. I volunteered at the detention center like usual, and worked.
- This weekend I was finally able to visit my boyfriend for a few days! This summer has been crazy busy for both of us and we weren’t able to see each other as often as we normally do.
- Seeing him this weekend wasn’t the only time I’ve seen him recently. He actually surprised me last weekend. Last Friday morning we were on FaceTime talking about how we were going to have a FaceTime dinner date that night. While I was at work he told me he was really hungry and didn’t want to wait for me to pick up dinner so he ordered it to be delivered to me after work. I was so excited (bc that’s so sweet), when there was a knock on the door I was expecting it to be the delivery person, but my boyfriend was standing on the other side! I was totally surprised, and it was so worth it.
- We went to see Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark on Friday, and honestly it was such a let down. Growing up it was one of my favorite collection of stories, so I was excited to watch a movie incorporating the stories. Unfortunately it was pretty meh.
I only have two books for review this week! I’m excited that it’s so few because I’m already behind on reading/writing reviews, and I need to give myself time to catch up. The covers on both of these are so cute, and the premise of You Deserve Each Other seems so fun!
The Ones Who Got Away was free on Amazon so I picked it up. I bought The Negotiator and My Lovely Wife in the Psych Ward ebooks because they were on sale and sound like books I’ll enjoy. I also bought a physical copy of Tell Me How it Ends and The Book of Unknown Americans. I mentioned that I bought a copy of Tell Me How It Ends because I loved the library copy I was reading and knew I needed my own copy. I learned about the book from a list on Bustle about books on immigration and asylum, which The Book of Unknown Americans was also on so I picked that one up too. I also bought The Best Thing because I’m quickly becoming obsessed with Mariana Zapata and this book just released!
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
I got quite a bit of reading done the first nine days of August! I only have a picture of volume one of Saga, but I read the first three volumes so far. I finally read my ARC of Say You Still Love Me, and enjoyed it, but overall was kind of disappointed by it. You can read the review I posted earlier this week with more of my thoughts and feelings about the book. I got through two ARCs, and I’ll have reviews up soon with my thoughts on them. I also finished Tell Me How It Ends, which is such an important read and one I recommend to everyone.
VICTORIA’S CURRENTLY READING
I’m currently in the middle of Luna and the Lie, and I love it so much. I told y’all I’m quickly becoming obsessed with Mariana Zapata! She just released The Best Thing, and I wanted to read this first because the new book follows a side character from here.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [6 Aug] Say You Still Love Me Review | Contemporary Romance ★★★½
- [7 Aug] TBR Pros and Cons
- [10 Aug] Library Haul | 6
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not Review | Contemporary Romance - August 23, 2019
- On the Corner of Love and Hate Review | Contemporary Romance - August 20, 2019
- Weekly Latte Rewind 8.11 | Lots of Reading - August 11, 2019