Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- It was my anniversary with my boyfriend on Sunday! We had such a blast! I had to wake up at 5:45 AM so that I could be at his house super early and spend all day together. He took me to iHOP and Coldstone! And he got me Hamiltome as a gift!!! This man keeps making me fall harder and harder each day. I had a semi-rough week and he was there through it all, making me smile even when I was crying or frustrated. Life can be such a pain, but I’m glad he was there for me.
- I didn’t go out much during the week, except for a bar called Sloe John’s and OMG OMG OMG! Best appetizers in the world! Each appetizer brings 12 massive pieces, when normally restaurants give you only 5 pieces that are very small. I’m definitely going again because everything was so damn good!
ON THE NEWS
PUERTO RICO WON GOLD MEDAL IN TENNIS AT THE OLYMPICS!! It’s the first time we win anything and I’m so so freaking happy about this!!! What I hate is that US doesn’t want to claim PR as their own, but because Monica Puig won Gold, now they want to claim that Gold as their own. Well, Fuck you, USA. Anyways, WE WON! I get tears in my eyes every time I see these pictures.
for review (eARCs)
The author of Vein of Love sent me her book for review and I’m excited for it! Sarah from Words with Sarah says it’s as good or even more than the Revelation series by Randi Cooley Wilson (my favorite New Adult Paranormal Romance ever!) so I obviously need this book. I got The One Real Thing(review), which I really enjoyed! And I FINALLY got Change of Heart!!! I listened to the audio of Unbreak My Heart(review) and I adored it so much!!
for review (ARCs)
Micalea is a great author and person! Even though I consider her one of my favorite authors, some books by her haven’t been the greatest but I still support her and give her all of my feedback. I beta read When Stars Collide and I fell so hard for the characters, that I need another book on this couple ASAP! I’m not one to like those type of books where the same couple is featured, but THE BOOK WAS THAT GOOD!!! And look at the cover! I’m hosting a giveaway on Instagram for this book so go check it out 😉
Berkley Romance messaged me about my Bookstagram, how much they liked it, and if I was interested in reviewing their books and posting pictures in my account. Of course I didn’t hesitate at all! I got Homecoming, a sports romance! Yayy!!
Lastly, ROMAN CRAZY ARRIVED!! It also came with vinegar and oil bottles from Italy!
My boyfriend really did a great job with this gift. I’ve been reading it every day and I talk about it Non-Stop! (gentlemen of the jury, I’m curious, bear with me. Are you aware that we’re making history?) I always sing all that line when I say “non-stop” haha
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
The One Real Thing was a cute read that I really recommend! (review) | Girl in Pieces was a very hard read but I managed to read it all. I really loved the writing and the story was heart-breaking but so beautiful. | A Scot in the Dark was really good! I felt like it lacked…something. I don’t know what, but something was missing. Still, it was great 🙂
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING/LISTENING
I started Homecoming and so far, it’s been a great read. | My Fair Princess is one I’ll be starting today (Saturday) so verdict is still out for this one. | I’ve been listening to Smut for a few weeks now. Not because it’s not good (it’s great!), but because my phone is always full with pictures so I have to delete audiobooks from my phone :/ I’m hopeful I’ll finish it this week!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [16 Aug] Hero of Mine by Codi Gary ★★★★
- [18 Aug] The One Real Thing by Samantha Young ★★★½
- [20 Aug] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 8.20.16 | Anniversary and Appetizers!
There will be TWO WINNERS! Go to my instagram (or click on the picture below) and enter! One winner will receive two NA books (When Stars Collide and Revelation) and another winner will receive one YA book (Before You)!
WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES THIS WEEK?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019