Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- On Monday, I took a me day and spent the afternoon driving around, drinking coffee, buying calligraphy pen and then visiting my aunt, who gave me a few tips on calligraphy. For Tuesday, my aunt invited me to go to a coffee shop with her and everything that we ordered was so freaking good! I ordered an acai bowl and for the first time ever, I ordered a Double Shot Iced Coffee with Caramel <3 SO DELICIOUS!
- Thursday, my boyfriend came down with his brother and cousin (who’s visiting from Orlando, FL). When they picked me up the song I heard playing in the car was from HAMILTON! Apparently, they had been listening to it for 2 hours haha We went to eat to our favorite restaurant and had Mofongo with Grilled Chicken Breast and CHEESECAKE FRITO <3 <3 <3 After that, we went to a comedy show and hung out a while.
- Friday, I went to the beach! I didn’t take pictures because it was POURING!!! So I just left my phone inside the car. Then, we went to a restaurant where I ordered Mofongo and Chicken Breast cooked in Butter. My goodness, that was so good. After, we went to Cafelados and I ordered my fave drink, which is Alexander. Funny fact: we had been listening to Hamilton soundtrack ALL DAY! When the guys asked me the name of the drink, their look was of “You’re obsessed” haha But I’ve been drinking that since before I listened to Hamilton. At night, we went to a friend’s house to drink chocolate and eat cheese and crackers! We had a blast for sure.
Only two books! When was the last time this happened? I don’t even remember haha I’m so excited to be reading these stories. I’ve actually never read anything by Monica Murphy so this will be my first book by her, as well as with Chris Cannon. I’m seriously so happy for both of these books since they sound fun and light and very entertaining which is what I need!
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I absolutely love When Stars Collide!! It was so much fun to read! It has a best friends to more trope along with brother’s best friend. The author did a great job having these two tropes and with barely any drama surrounding the brother and the couple. Success! Seriously, it was top read of the week along with All We Have Left, which was amazing and so gripping! (Review) I liked It Ends with Us, but it’s not CoHo’s best book. I feel like she’s been going downhill in her work :/ (Review) I also read and enjoyed A Fine Mess! (Review) Lastly, I read Results May Vary, which I highly enjoyed. I wasn’t expecting to like it so much, to be honest, but I was pleasantly surprise. Review to come this week!
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
I just started this one but I’m so intrigued!
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [31 Jul] Au Revoir, July!
- [1 Aug] The Summer Games: Out of Bounds by R.S. Grey ★★★★½
- [2 Aug] Pearl by Deirdre Riordan Hall ★★
- [2 Aug] Smash & Grab by Amy Christine Parker ★★½
- [2 Aug] This Is My Brain On Boys by Sarah Strohmeyer ★★★½
- [2 Aug] The Last Time We Were Us by Leah Konen ★★
- [2 Aug] invisible-i-am by Gregg Davis by Harriet Showman ★
- [3 Aug] A Fine Mess by Kelly Siskind ★★★½
- [3 Aug] Cover Reveal + Giveaway: When Stars Collide by Micalea Smeltzer
- [4 Aug] It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover ★★★½
- [5 Aug] All We Have Left by Wendy Mills ★★★★½
- [6 Aug] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 8.6.16 | Food, food and more food!
- Win a paperback ARC of When Stars Collide! (Open international) – Ends Aug. 9th
- Win 1 of 3 prize bundles of one signed copy of IT ENDS WITH US + a magnet – Ends Aug 26th
WHAT DID YOU ADD TO YOUR SHELVES THIS WEEK?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Genesis (see all)
- Craving all the darkness: Kill Switch by Penelope Douglas - February 21, 2019
- Slow yet somewhat entertaining: One Thing I Know by Kara Isaac - February 19, 2019
- Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 12.2.17 | Surprise and big haul! - December 2, 2017