Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I’ll recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- Life has been pretty much the same the last few weeks, super hectic! I have two internship sites, and work, and trying to keep up with reading/blogging/Instagram. I have a certain number of hours I have to get throughout the semester, and I’ve been super stressed trying to stay caught up.
- The book club I’m part of met for the second time this week! It’s my first in person book club, and I’m enjoying it so much! It’s so nice to have friends who are all experiencing the same things, and have people to talk school/internship things through with.
- I’m not a huge fan of TBRs (you can read my post about it here), but I’ve been thinking about setting a weekly TBR for myself and sharing it here. I feel like I’m so behind on ARCs and other books I really want to get to, that posting about what I’m planning on reading will help keep me more accountable.
I’ve been in a mostly romance or nonfiction binge recently, but these three thrillers sounded intriguing and I’m excited to read them soon! I downloaded The Dead Girls Club and The Sun Down Motel from Edelweiss, and I was sent One Night Gone from the publisher. I can’t wait to read these and share my reviews with y’all soon!
I posted what books I’ve preordered, so no one is surprised to see Capturing the Devil on here. I’m rereading the SJTR series to prepare for the finale book, so of course I had to buy Thomas’s novella as well! My Time Among the White sounds so good, so I went out and bought a copy (oops). I also got a copy of Things You Save in A Fire from a book swap group I’m in on Instagram.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Not my best reading week in terms of the number of books I’ve read, but I really enjoyed all the books I read so that’s great. Who Killed These Girls was super interesting, and really went in depth on the Austin Yogurt Shop Murders, which I just recently learned about. I’ve heard a lot about Well Met, and I’m so glad to say that this book was amazing and I gave it 5 stars. I loved this so much, and I want to reread it already. I’ll have a review up for this soon since I got this book as an ARC. I finally read Saga Vol 9 and I am not okay, I need the next one now. I’m so glad I reread SJTR, because I haven’t read it since it was first published a few years ago. I enjoyed this book more this second time around, and I’m excited to continue with my reread of the series.
I know the number on my TBR looks a little ridiculous, especially since I only read four books this past week, but not all of these have to be completed by next week. I’m participating in a buddy read for Killers of the Flower Moon, so I have to make sure I’m on schedule. I’m more than halfway through Hunting Prince Dracula and may even finish it tonight (Saturday) so that potentially won’t carry over. Either way, I’ve already read HPD and EFH, so I can get through both relatively quickly. The new Stephen King will probably take me longer to get through, but I will also be listening to it on audio, so I know I can get through a good chunk of it while I’m driving.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [8 Sep] Weekly Latte Rewind 9.8 | So Stressed Out
- [9 Sep] My Preorders | 1
- [10 Sep] How to Love a Duke in Ten Days Review | Historical Romance ★★★★½
- [12 Sep] The Right Swipe Review | Contemporary Romance ★★★★