Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where we will recap posts, books read, books we received and other bookish stuff. We’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
GEN’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- My family always gets together on Saturdays at my grandma’s house and then we go out to eat together. At my grandma’s, she gave me a red lipstick that my mom and I tried on for the night. We found a Coquí at my grandma’s and went crazy taking pictures since we always hear them, but rarely see them. When we went out to eat, I had to get an Italian Mofongo (it’s heavenly). My aunt had avocado in her car from my grandma’s so they took advantage of it and sliced it right there in the restaurant lol
- I went out with a couple of friends to a coffee shop that I’ve been visiting pretty much every day! And later on, I went with my best friend and we had the best cappuccino we’ve ever tasted in our lives.
- This week, I was feeling very down to the point of crying because I was very emotional and really missing my boyfriend. On Friday night (yesterday), I went to church as I always do. Suddenly, someone is giving me a huge kiss on my cheek and I open my eyes wide in surprise to find my boyfriend! He surprised me by staying this whole weekend in my area so we can be together. Am I lucky to have this guy or am I lucky?
I really like Phantom of the Opera a lot! So when I found that Roseblood is a retelling of that, I went crazy and requested it! I was surprised when I got approved and did a happy dance. I got The Goal! I finished reading it at 3AM. I couldn’t stop! Tucker BEGGED to be read *heart eyes* Lastly, I got a pre-approved widget for To Love and to Cherish! I’ll also be getting the physical ARC so I’m waiting to get it so I can start reading.
Madalyn from Novel Ink had mentioned she got this for free on Amazon so I immediately 1-clicked it! I’ve heard great things of Persuasion and I’ve been wanting to give it a shot.
GEN’S WEEK IN READING
I really enjoyed With Malice. I only had problems with the very abrupt ending. The Replacement Crush was so darn cute! I loved it. The Goal was amazing! Guys, one word: Tucker. That man…that glorious, hot, dirty-mouth, hunk of a man. *swoons and fans face* (I don’t like guys who talk dirty, but Tucker is the exception!)
GEN’S CURRENTLY READING
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [12 Sep] Roman Crazy by Alice Clayton, Nina Bocci ★★★★
- [13 Sep] Fave YA, NA & Adult Contemporary Books | Top Ten Tuesday
- [15 Sep] The Replacement Crush by Lisa Brown Roberts ★★★★
- [17 Sep] Weekly Latte Rewind ~ 9.17.16 | BF surprised me + Food!
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
- I’m Back to Blogging - July 28, 2019
- Laugh Out Loud Rom-Com: Petal Plucker by Iris Morland - April 9, 2019
- Different & Refreshing YA Mystery: Killing November by Adriana Mather - March 26, 2019