Weekly Latte Rewind is a weekly feature where I will recap posts, books read, books I received and other bookish stuff. I’ve linked to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
VICTORIA’S LIFE HAPPENINGS
- I feel like this is just getting repetitive, but I really haven’t had time to do much besides go to work and go to my internship sites.
- I’m finally getting a hang of balancing everything, and I’m finally getting more reading done! It feels so nice to almost be back to my regular reading pace!
- I got a haircut this weekend! It was kind of spur of the moment, but I’m really glad I did it! My hair is usually shoulder length, but it’s been a while since I’ve gotten my haircut, and it was getting kind of long. My hair is a little shorter than I was expecting, but I’m really liking it!
I received an email last week saying I was getting a copy of Beautiful on the Outside and Imaginary Friend, but I was still so excited when the books actually showed up on my doorstep! Adam Rippon is hilarious and I cannot wait to read his memoir! Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my favorite books of all time, and even though I know Imaginary Friend is going to be nothing like it, I’m so excited to read Chbosky’s new book. I received an eARC of Love on Lexington Avenue a few weeks ago, but this week I also received the audiobook!
I have the audiobook for this, but I like reading and listening at the same time when I can. I was planning on just getting a copy from my library, but for some reason we don’t have the book there.
VICTORIA’S WEEK IN READING
Hunting Prince Dracula, Escaping From Houdini – Both of these are rereads (I actually finished HPD last Saturday, but my wrap up was already written and scheduled) in preparation for the finale book in the series. I love this series so much, and I was so excited to reread these two books and immerse myself in this world.
That Kind of Guy – I’m a huge Talia Hibbert fan, but this book is probably my least favorite of Hibbert’s books that I’ve read. I loved the characters, and I love the diversity in the book, but there was something in the story that I just couldn’t connect to. I gave this 3.5 stars, which is still pretty good!
Becoming the Dark Prince – I read Thomas’s novella which bridges the third and fourth book, and really enjoyed it! The books in this series are all from Audrey Rose’s pov, and it was nice to finally get a look into Thomas’s head!
The Negotiator – I got this ebook a couple weeks ago because it was on sale, and because I’m low-key obsessed with Avery Flynn, and read it in almost one sitting! I needed something a little lighter and not as gruesome as the SJTR series, and this was definitely it. I do want to read more books from the series at some point, but right now I want to focus more on reading what’s already on my kindle.
Trick Mirror – This was a DNF. There is so much hype surrounding this essay collection on bookstagram right now, that I had to pick it up from the library. I read a couple of essays, and felt that they were just okay. I decided to just put it down and focus on reading books I was more interested in.
Capturing the Devil – I did not pick this up for a few days after finishing EFH because I just did not want this series to end. If you’ve read my review for the third book, you know it was my least favorite of the series. I was so worried that the fourth book would follow along with the third in that regard, but I’m so glad to say that it did not, and this was a five star read for me! I love this series and these characters so much, and this was such a great conclusion!
Passion on Park Avenue – I started this book a couple weeks ago, and decided to pick it up and finish it before starting the second book in the series. I’ve heard so many good things about this book, and I’m a little disappointed to say that it did not live up to the hype for me. I gave this a 2.5 stars. The writing was good and I enjoyed that, but I really didn’t like the main characters at all.
I’m not posting a picture of my TBR for next week, since I just posted my Contemporary-a-Thon TBR, which is all I’m going to try to read.
THIS WEEK IN POSTS
- [15 Sep] Weekly Latte Rewind 9.15 | Busy, Busy, Busy
- [17 Sep] Well Met Review | Contemporary Romance ★★★★★
- [19 Sep] Contemporary-A-Thon TBR | Round 5
- [21 Sep] Library Haul | 8
HAVE YOU READ / LOOKING FORWARD TO THESE?
FOLLOW THE BLOG
Latest posts by Victoria (see all)
- Wild at Heart Review | Contemporary Romance - February 19, 2020
- My Favorite Books of the Year | 2019 - February 18, 2020
- Weekly Latte Rewind 2.16 | Crazy Busy Couple of Weeks - February 16, 2020